[Support request] Specific List of Users needed

Support Forums Forums Pro Support Specific List of Users needed

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  creader 6 days, 1 hour ago. This post has been viewed 36 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

creader

United States

0 Likes

Hello,

Love your plugin but I’m running into a problem with the featured users list shortcode. Here is the code I’m using on my page:

[usersultra_users_featured users_list='38,41,45' optional_fields_to_display='none']

No matter what order I place the user IDs in, the front-end list display will always list the users in descending order form most recent signup to oldest signup (45,41,38). I’m trying to utilize this shortcode as a ranking display to list users based on points gained from an in-person exercise. Is this possible, or will I need to repeat the shortcode over and over again for each individual user and manually place them in the order I want?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please check this link http://doc.usersultra.com/members-directory/. You will need the sort_by and list_order options.

as for this

I’m trying to utilize this shortcode as a ranking display to list users based on points gained from an in-person exercise.

How are the points stored? Please elaborate this requirement a little bit better so we can give you some ideas.

Cheers

creader

United States

0 Likes

Thanks for the follow up. Hopefully this won’t get too confusing or convoluted, but the points used to determine their rank aren’t really stored anywhere. I just want to display a list of users in a specific order and then use CSS to style the list so it looks like there is a 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place user.

I am using another module to let users earn experience points and level up (WPAchievments), but this is completely separate from the ranked lists I need to create, which are intended as one-off challenges or competitions. For some context, this site is going to be used by coaches for in-person training sessions. All of these points and ranked placements are being entered manually– no need to automate or track data from users.

That’s where UsersUltra featured users list comes in (I hope). If you have a better idea for how I can accomplish this with your module I’d love to hear it but I was just planning on hard-coding a list and changing it as needed. It looks like list_order will just reverse the order in which they are already displaying, so that won’t work. What meta fields are available to use with sort_by though, and how does it work? I’m thinking I could use the medallion functionality to sort a list, but I’m also thinking I’d run into problems if I wanted to display more than one list with users in a different order.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.